About the UEEIV
WHAT WE DO
The Union of European Railway Engineers was founded in 1990 as a European umbrella association for the national railway engineer associations.
Our main tasks are:
- Supporting activities or promoting contacts between the individual national member associations.
- Organising of conferences, congresses, symposia and exhibitions (together with the national member associations)
- Exchange of knowledge between railway engineers, railway companies, industry and science institutions
- Representation of the interests of Railway Engineers, railway companies and railway industry towards politics and the public
- Support in the education and further training of engineers through certification as “European Railway Engineers (Eurail-Ing)”
- Qualification of the operators of railway maintenance machines by means of a Europe-wide uniform, independent personnel certification
- Promotion of young Railway Engineers
WHERE WILL OUR JOURNEY GO?
As an umbrella organisation our goal is to:
- widen our PLATTFORM FOR KNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE AND TRANSFER to Railway Engineers all over Europe and their associations
It is in our responsability and interest to help the railways master the challenges of:
- GENERATIONAL CHANGE
- CLIMATE CHANGE AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
- as well as SAFETY AND AVAILABILITY
WHAT WE STAND FOR
Stay informed on latest industry news on our website, in newsletters, on seminars and event. The UEEIV provides an English language platform for its multinational members.